Single place for article link in repeater

I was wondering if there is a way to enter a single external link in a repeater layout?

Typically a newsletter with article snippets will have a link to the full article on an external website. This is obviously possible by manually adding a 'Read more.." link to each article snippet. The issue comes when you want to link other areas to the same website as well, such as thumbnails and titles, as the link has to be input for each item. Can a single external link be used in many places in the same repeater layout to simplify the process and speed up newsletter creation?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi CapicheDesign, we don't have a way to add a default link to an editable region at present, I'm sorry to say. You can add default content to a <multiline> region though, like so:

<multiline label="Default article">Here is some placeholder text <a href="">and a link</a>.</multiline>

We have had a few requests to add reusable elements to the template builder, so I'm happy to add your vote for this and keep you updated. Thanks, CapicheDesign! Have a great week. :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free