See if user in on suppression list

I would like to see if a provided email address is on a client's suppression list.  I assume the following objects are used:

I also assume these work similar to the Subscriber and SubscriberDetail objects, but cannot seem to get information I need.

I am coding my application in C#.  If someone can provide me guidance, I will be much appreciated.

Phil Phil, 3 years ago

Hi Earth Day Canadian :)

At this stage there is no functionality for searching the suppression list. I'll create a feature request on your behalf.

As a workaround, you can download a client's whole suppression list, one page at a time. The dotnet wrapper method is here.

If your suppression list is particularly large that won't be very efficient, particularly if you need to do this search often. But you could cache the list locally (order by date and ask for the latest page everytime - it will normally be empty) to reduce the overhead there.

Hope that helps. We'll be here if you have further questions.

Earth Day Canada, 3 years ago

Thank you for you feedback and sending a request on my behalf.  I would gladly appreciate it if I can be informed when this feature is implemented.

In the meantime,  I was able to retrieve the suppression list details based on the workaround method you described above.

Thanks again.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Thanks EDC, it looks like Phil has already noted your interest internally. We'll be in touch if we make it possible to do this. Thanks for your feedback here!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free