Pulling sensitive customer data from Campaign Monitor

Hi,

We are interested using Campaign Monitors API to develop a customer management tool for our client. The tool will allow our client to import customer records, manage lists and assign lists to specific campaigns.

Our client however has very strict requirements concerning their customers "personal" data which, under company policy should be stored in their secure server environment.

What we would like to know at this stage is whether it is possible using the API to pull 'sensitive' customer data such as email, name, address and number out of the Campaign monitors database and into our clients own secure environment. This would therefore leave no sensitive data (as deemed by the client) on campaign monitors systems other than perhaps the arbitrary record ID of that customer,

My second question is, if we are able to offload all 'sensitive data' from campaign monitors databases, what effect would this have on the analytics?

Your support answering these questions and recommending any approach would be extremely helpful!

Many thanks,

Sam

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi Sam, it's entirely possible to add and remove subscribers and their data using our API - you can also read about our secure authentication methods.

Please note that we personally identify subscribers by email address - I mention this, as a) you can't access subscribers via a record ID at present and b) it's important to know that a subscriber's history (and analytics) will be lost if you delete them/remove their email address. However, you can edit information in custom fields all you like, without losing the subscriber's history.

Thanks, Sam - I hope this answers your questions, but please let us know if there's anything we can clarify. :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098