Embed Video in Email?

Is it possible to embed a video in an email?

I've done numerous searches and have found many "video email" apps, but nothing in reference to embedding a video in an email.

Any ideas?

Diana Diana, 8 years ago

The answer to that is no, it's not really possible to embed a video in email. Your best bet is to post it on your website and link to it from your email. We recently posted to our blog about this topic as well (http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2008/04/video_in_your_emails.html).

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
Jack, 8 years ago

Check out www.freegabmail.com.  You can record a video with a webcam and send it in an email.  It records live, no uploading and waiting for conversion.  The email recipient gets a link to a streaming video in the email.

style campaign style campaign, 8 years ago

Hi earph,

I would not recommend trying to embed video in an email. Often people use JavaScript or Flash which is not supported, so your video will not play.

I wrote about this on my site, "The (easy way) to email video" it has an example of an embedded video (which did not play in my inbox) and three examples of how others are approaching this...with links to their video landing pages.

hope this helps,

ps- freegabmail sounds like fun...can you post a link to an example that we can watch Jack?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free