I have a list setup with an option for specifying language between english and norwegian, my client wants to be able to have:
- subscribers in one list with language custom variable
- send campaign to english subscribers in english with a link to the norwegian version in the footer
- vice version for norwegian
I am stuck on how to approach this aside from manually adding links in the footer for the alternative language web view, which isn't very user friendly.
If someone could point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful as i can't seem to find much documentation on alternative language campaigns.
Hi reformat, there are a couple of things I can suggest here. First of all:
- Create a 'multi-option (can only choose one)' custom field for "Language", so subscribers can select either "Norwegian" or "English" on signup. This will also let you send to segments by language.
- Use email templates and make the alternative language link editable, to save having to upload the campaigns each time you have to make a change.
- Before sending to your lists, send yourself a copy of both versions of the newsletter first (this is free of charge). You can get the share links, select to edit and resend the campaigns, then add the share links to your live versions.
- Alternately, you can use this Google Translate technique instead.
Ultimately, you will have to create separate campaigns for each language you send to. If there's anything we can clarify here, be sure to let us know.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.