Responsive templates on Android 4.1.1

I've created some responsive templates over the last few weeks and all work fine on Android 2.3 and 4.0 in Litmus. Now I'm hearing clients complain that their templates aren't working on their brand new HTC phones with Android 4.1.1. I've tested on a Samsung with 4.1.1 and it works fine.

Did anyone run into any problems with Android 4.1.1 on a HTC phone before? It's showing the desktop version (in the Android mail app) instead of the mobile one and I don't understand why.

JohnP JohnP, 3 years ago

Could it be this issue? … 02/#p26302

leinverheij, 3 years ago

Thanks JohnP, I'll try and let the clients test with another account than their work address. Might be a security problem. Seeing as the test on Samsung (Galaxy 3) worked fine (which was a hotmail addy).

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Also, you may want to double-check which email client they're using to view the email, plus their viewport dimensions. There's a good chance that the media query isn't being triggered, either because their email client doesn't support media queries, or their viewport is larger than the dimensions in the MQ expression. Thanks, leinverheij - let us know how you go :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free