Custom form validation

I'm planning on creating a custom sign-up form for use on a Facebook competition which is being produced on the Shortstack platform. I'm able to paste in custom HTML but I wondered how I would handle multiple sign-ups from the same email address? Using Shortstacks default form it throws up an error but what happens if I used a custom CM form? Would the email address currently in the CM dB just get over written by the new address or would an alert be triggered?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there Sanch, it's good to hear from you. To clarify, if someone tries to subscribe the same email address more than once, no error is returned using our subscribe forms/code. However, if there are custom fields, the old custom field values will be overwritten with the new values and no error/alert will be returned.

If you would like to add your own validation, you will need to use our API to do this.

Thanks, Sanchez - please let us know if there's anything we can clarify here :) Best of luck!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free