Responsive email signature

Just been doing a new email signature for the company and got wondering about responsive email signatures.  I've tried in outlook 2011 but couldn't get it working, tried all the obvious tricks to include the CSS but no joy :(

Just wondering if anyone has got this working?  Either with a desktop email client or with webmail?

All our marketing emails are responsive as are the ones sent form out CRM and our newsletter.  It's just the day to day stuff from outlook that isn't.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there, Mr-Mark! Tricky one with the Outlook signatures - as media queries are not likely to work, I'd recommend placing your signature content in a % table... And applying % widths to things like images therein, too. Not much you can do about adjusting font sizes, though.

Just be careful, as max-width isn't supported in Outlook, so there is always the possibility that any fluid layout will extend too far horizontally. Best of luck!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Mr-Mark, 3 years ago

Cheers Ros,
The images don't really work with the % and no max-width :(  Would work nicely with a background colour for the signature, I've not done that this time but I think it could look quite cool.

I ended up really simplifying it by putting two 300px images next to each other.
So when it's viewed over 600px they display inline and anything under 600px the second image drops down to the next line.

<!--[if gte mso 9]>
    Get a  better email client
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up, Mr-Mark - good thinking there :D

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free