Link tracking URLs blocked by some corporate networks?

Hi fellow mailers,

Has anyone else had problems with customers complaining that the links in the newsletter don't work?

I now have two (large) clients who say they can't access anything that goes through the CM link tracking domain. The client gets a cryptic error message, even if they copy/paste the link into a browser.

Direct, untracked links to our site work fine.

I'm guessing there is a corporate filtering product or blacklist somewhere that has either the CM IP address or our vanity redirect domain on it. I, unfortunately, do not even know the name of the product.

I'm trying to work with the people who complained to raise the issue with their IT department, but would appreciate any advice or pointers anyone has.

Here's an example of the error they get

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

HI eli, this is indeed very unusual! To my knowledge, this issue is likely very specific to this firm's corporate security software - if you do find out what they're using, please either let us know here or get in touch directly. We'd be very keen to see if there's something that can be done on our end to prevent this from happening in the future.

Personally, my first point-of-call would be the IT department - there is the possibility that they can whitelist the custom domain.

Thanks, Eli - any further details would be greatly appreciated, as we're keen to help out here.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
eli, 3 years ago

Yup, I'm trying to get in touch with the IT people from the two clients who complained. I'll pass along anything I learn.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free