Autoresponder Personalisation

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up an autoresponder which is sent to users that sign up to a client's mailing list via their Facebook page.

In the autoresponder, I would like to include a unique voucher code which gives the user a discount on the client's website. Therefore, I need some way to personalise the autoresponder so it includes a different voucher code for each subscriber. I have a spreadsheet of 2,000 vouchers, but I've no idea where to store this data in CM and how to instruct the autoresponder to pick a different code for each email - maybe it's just not possible!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi Kat, I'd say your best bets here are to:

a) Pass a voucher code to a custom field when a new subscriber signs up. What this means is that the voucher code will need to be available during the signup process. This voucher code can then be added to the autoresponder using template tags, eg. [voucher-code]
b) Don't use voucher codes at all and simply pass the email address to Campaign Monitor and the client's database. If each email address is linked to one voucher code, then it may well be more practical to simply use the email address as the unique identifier. Remember that Campaign Monitor only sends signup autoresponders to new subscribers, so only one email will be sent per address

Thanks, Kat - if there's anything we can clarify in regards to the above, please don't hesitate to ask.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
BTSD, 1 year ago

I have the same need to insert a unique discount code in the first responder mail when a user signs up for a newsletter. Is there any way to import a list of codes for CampaignMonitor to pick from when a new sunscriber signs up?

I guess solution 1 requires the code to be passed as a form value?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098