Images hosted on different servers

I was wondering is their a down side of hosting some images on a different server?

i.e. the email is sent from Campaign Monitor, most of the images are uploaded to this account and stored on their server as well, but one or two of the images are hosted on a completely different server.

dedra dedra, 3 years ago

Hi gromituk2k,

if you add images into content of your campaign, then all images has been uploaded to Campaign Monitor servers, saved with unique identifier (as cached image) and added into your campaign. If you have images in your layout as (like) static, then you can use an "cm_dontimportimage" attribute in "img" tag. With this attribute does not matter where your images has placed (on which server), because all these images has been loaded on client side from original place (server) and does not cache on Campaign Monitor server. See help for more info.

gromituk2k, 3 years ago

Thanks dedra. My main concern was would spam filters not like the fact that all image are stored on the same server and cause problems thinking the email is spam?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there gromituk2k, we haven't come across any issues with images hosted on our servers affecting spam scores - however, if you've heard/experienced anything, we'd love to hear from you. If anything, we recommend letting us host the images, as we have a fast and reliable CDN - in all, our load times are pretty quick.

That said, as Dedra explained (thank you!), we do provide the option to host images elsewhere. Let us know if there's anything we can help with or clarify here :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free