Changing the "and" to an "or" on custom segment field rule

Hi - I imagine this has been asked before because it's obvious question, but a search of here and using search engines yield no results.

At the moment I can create a segment using a custom field with "or" rules attached to it.

However, if I try to combine that with data from a different custom field, it defaults to "and" - usually reducing the number in the segment to zero.

Is there a way to create a segment that combines two or more segments that use the "or" rule? Or will I have to create separate segment?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there Richard, at present, you'll have to create a separate segment in order to do this, I'm sorry to say. I've added your vote internally to allow for OR logic, so we'll certainly keep you posted if this is something we change at a later date. Sorry for the trouble!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
MrAnalogy, 2 years ago

I need this too.
Use case: contacting customers who we  have "touched" in the last x months : so:
They purchased within X month (via a "DateLastMailed" field) OR they emailed us within X months.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 2 years ago

Excellent suggestion - its certainly something we'd love to see added to segments, so I'll let our team know this is what you're after and keep you posted. Thanks again for the great suggestions!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free