How do you do email marketing?

Hey folks, it's Ros here from Campaign Monitor, your friendly forums admin :)

We're trying to get in touch with people via Skype or in person to learn more about what people in the community love - and hate - about email marketing today. And yes, we'd love to talk to you :)

This isn't a pitch, but a friendly chat that shouldn't take more than 20-30 mins. You don't have to be a Campaign Monitor user and you'll be reimbursed for your time with lunch (if in-person) and a gift.

So if think you can spare a little time to talk to our team, let us know and we'll get in touch shortly to schedule a convenient time for you.

Thanks for helping us out!

dano, 3 years ago

What sort of feedback have you gotten so far?

Would love to do lunch but I'm not a sydneysider. If you have a survey then i'd be happy to answer it.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi dano, we've received a mixed bag of excellent feedback - everything from feature requests from resellers, to simply some fresh takes on what people want from an email marketing service. Sadly, we won't be publishing a report on our findings, but we hope some of these ideas will filter down into improvements, especially as far as resources go.

We haven't setup a survey as yet, but if you're interested in a Skype call, let us know and we'll do our best to organize a convenient time for you :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
emailchopper, 3 years ago

According to me these are some best ways to do Email Marketing:

1- Write an effective subject line
2- Always keep in mind the recipient, and write to them.
3- Rather than launching into a sales message, make the email about them.
4- I think you will have much more success just getting people interested in reading more about your offer. Action does not necessarily mean “sale”. It could be a click, or could be hitting “reply”.

If you keep these things in your mind, then you will definitely get success in Email Marketing.

PSD to HTML Email Conversion Service Provider: Emailchopper.com
dotpolka, 2 years ago

You have to think like a human not a machine:)

freebiefan1, 2 years ago
dotpolka :

Great statement!

gloriawhughes, 2 years ago

i am trying to start email marketing and so for that checking the forums to get some idea. What niche d you guys prefer most except making money online/weight loss ?

Does in other niche people do subscribe for news later?

john99s, 2 years ago

You know you want to do some email marketing. Or, perhaps more accurately, you feel like you're supposed to do some email marketing. Where to start? An "email marketing plan" sounds complicated, intimidating, and time-consuming. Besides, you're too busy running your business to deal with such a thing, right? This guide's for you.

You're smart to explore email marketing for your business. For some perspective, email marketing has three times as many user accounts as Twitter and Facebook combined. Combined with social media, that impact is even greater. Done smartly, email marketing drives conversions, increases ROI, and gives you a way to speak to your customers interests specifically.

An email-marketing plan isn't as hard to put together as you might think. In this guide, we'll walk you through the most important steps, highlight real-life case studies along the way, and give you everything you need to know to get started.

jodiaheb, 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your opinions!
Wholesale NFL Jerseys

harryblossom0, 2 years ago

If you want to marketing your business in online market then email marketing is one of the great options for you. using email marketing you can send your business messages to your potential people and get more business and customers.
http://www.instant365.com/email-marketing.php

Btucloud, 2 years ago

You can contact us. We are a very small Agency who provides hosting solutions.

My personal skype: rdalmagro

website

Lisa Johnson, 2 years ago

I agree with emailchopper.

emailchopper :

According to me these are some best ways to do Email Marketing:

1- Write an effective subject line
2- Always keep in mind the recipient, and write to them.
3- Rather than launching into a sales message, make the email about them.
4- I think you will have much more success just getting people interested in reading more about your offer. Action does not necessarily mean “sale”. It could be a click, or could be hitting “reply”.

If you keep these things in your mind, then you will definitely get success in Email Marketing.

PSD to Email Service:htmlpanda.com
Jbrucker, 2 years ago

It's important to write for people. Think about what would make you open an email or click a link. You need a short, intriguing subject that demonstrates the value of your email. Don't waste your reader's time. Get to the point quickly and offer value before asking for commitment. Offering some sort of free content, whether it's an ebook or a tool, is the best way to establish credibility and make your readers more willing to click again.

greatestmj, 2 years ago

Email Marketing is a great idea to get in touch with people. I've ran a forum and I've used email marketing to get in touch with my people. Response have not been a super success but it always helps you know. Keeping in touch with your users help you get to know them when they respond to you and even the users like the fact that the owner is active and communicating with them.

John Martin, 2 years ago

Followings are the effective points for Email Marketing :

1-    Choose the best ESP for your needs
2-    Build a relevant list of contacts
3-    Leverage contact data for better targeting
4-    List improvement delivery rates
5-    Design newsletters with mobile in mind
6-    Write appealing subject lines and increase open rates
7-    Test, test and test again
8-    Time your email sending
9-    Time your email sending
10-    Keep emailing

-------------------------------

Get in touch with us on: Online Data Sharing & Free File Sending Service @ DataBagg

harrysengal, 2 years ago

When it comes to email marketing, understanding the psyche of the people reading the mails is the most important thing. If you think people in your list are just going to buy whatever you promote, you cannot be farther from the truth. It's important to build a relationship with them by treating them as actual friends whom you care about, and slowly over a period of time let the relationship foster into one based on trust.

When you reach that stage, there is a connection between you and you subscriber. This is pretty much the ideal way to build an email marketing based model for the long term. One final tip from my side would be to never push the products you promote, instead just recommend them to your subscribers and let them have the final say on it.

stephyoo, 2 years ago

I think the best email strategy now is to include video links because the traditional method of words and pictures are no longer effective. Customers love emails especially those testimonial emails. Correct me if I am wrong.

SMSCredit, 2 years ago
dotpolka :

That's right - forget B2B or B2C it is Human 2 Human! :)

---
Ātrs kredīts

mevank, 2 years ago

Hi, I used to collect emails from my website signup forms and then I use listwise HQ email list cleaner to clean my email list.
Once I cleaned my email list, I use another email marketing software to send out reach emails.

laneige, 2 years ago

You have to think like a human not a machine:) , me too

heidihock, 2 years ago

There are lots of strategies in doing email marketing actually I been doing it for 2 years with the help also of different software or tools that will make it more easier.

Every time I do Email Marketing I always look for this factors:
- I make the email more personalized and you know what they are looking for.
- I make formal and descent subject line that will catch up their attentions and make them more interested to read the email.
- I'll make sure that the email I sent is the first email they will open in the morning. I sent it during night time. (This is just my opinion)
- The email I sent is not all/always about selling a product or telling them to subscribe into something they don't want but I also give treats, freebies and giveaways they enjoy.

cameronwoods, 2 years ago

The most important element in email marketing is building relationship with your subscribers and focus on adding value to them. When you focus on helping them to solve their problems or challenges, you'll gain their trust.

Regards,

Cameron Woods

bravefrontier, 2 years ago

If you know their name, use it! It's easy to mail merge a name into a template. As Dale Carnegie, author of How to Win Friends and Influence People said, "Remember that a man's name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in the English language." Same goes for women.

karinaarmijos, 2 years ago

What do you think about getresponse?

blad, 2 years ago
roshodgekiss :

How do you do email marketing?

In short, by thinking about the commercial side of things before contemplating a campaign at all.

roshodgekiss :

What I love about email marketing?

That it can be a very effective, and cheap tool to achieve commercial objectives.

roshodgekiss :

What do I hate about email marketing?

That so many campaigns aren't clear about why they're being done, commercially. The end result is uninteresting emails that don't engage recipients (brand-negative) or achieve anything because they're not sure what they're trying to drive (eg. sales, profit, new customers etc.).

As an example of emphasising upfront commercial thinking, I like to use a 'hypothesis driven' approach. There are others out there, but this one is just one I've used most given my background, and I've found it suits me best.  Basically, you generate a hypothesis, then design your campaign around it. People often find this a bit vague, so I'll give a quick (if slightly artificial) example: 'If we execute an email campaign where we contact the top 20% of customers who bought something in the last 12 months, we can expect a sale conversion rate of 5% of these people, who, on average, spend $500 per sale'. Anyway, the point is that it's really important to spend time on developing a hypothesis that's informed by commercial thinking, and to do this before you log onto CM. After this, the campaign construction, (customer segmentation, design and content) can be done and follow much more naturally, and logically. All the standard email campaign rules still apply of course: make it personal, make its recipients feel better for reading it ie. add some value given the 2 minutes you took up of the reader's time, and have a clear call to action.

A bonus to a well-defined commercial approach is that it also lets you measure the success of your campaign - CM helps you understand the effectiveness of your content, but the more important and offline analysis should be around your commercial objectives and whether you achieved them.

That's my 2 bob's worth, and while it's not technically specific to using CM, it's something I believe all serious email marketing campaigns should do thoroughly. It's also something you may or may not be getting from a design agency, but in any case, it's so intrinsic to your business that you should be doing it (or at least managing it) yourself.

1. 1
  2. 2

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098