Automatically add data to an Auto Responder?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has done this or if Campaign monitor has a feature for this. I would like to send a coupon code to people when they subscribe via an auto responder. So I would have a list of codes and every time a subscriber signs up, they would get one of those codes.

Any help or anywhere I can learn about this?

Thank you!

SoerenS SoerenS, 3 years ago

Haven't tried something like this, but here's how I would accomplish it:

Add a custom field to your subscriber list called "Subscriber Coupon Code" or something like that.

Here comes to tricky part: When your subscriber subscribes, you need to do it with a service side API call. But don't worry, if you've done just a tiny bit of coding it is pretty easy. Now while you're subscribing via a server side call, it is easy to generate a coupon code and add it to the custom field on your subscriber list.

Now you just need to merge this field into you AutoResponder template, and you should be set!

Hope it makes sense :-)

Online Marketing Manager @
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Soeren is on the money (thank you!). However, there is another option - generating a code via PHP, like the My Little Geek crowd did for their referral codes. Let us know how you go with this :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free