Detect duplicate entries

Hello, I created a List & Subscribers list with custom fields. I used the HTML code generated from Campaign Monitor and I was wondering if the system can detect that someone is using the same e-mail address (to prevent multiple entries) ?

Another question : what happens if the person is using multiple e-mail address? In Gmail, we have the possibility to add multiple e-mail like :

- my.email@gmail.com
- my.email+01@gmail.com
- my.email+02@gmail.com

Thank you.

Phil Phil, 3 years ago

Hi ttau,

Good questions.

>>
I was wondering if the system can detect that someone is using the same e-mail address (to prevent multiple entries) ?
>>

Yes. We enforce the uniqueness of email addresses on a per list basis. If someone signs up twice using the same form then rather than rejecting the second sign-up at most all it change the custom field data or name of the first entry.

>>
Another question : what happens if the person is using multiple e-mail address? In Gmail, we have the possibility to add multiple e-mail like :- my.email@gmail.com
- my.email+01@gmail.com
- my.email+02@gmail.com
>>

These are separate email addresses and will be treated as such by Campaign Monitor. If you want to avoid this kind of +aliased address (say if you're running a competition) you would need to write code to enforce that on your end.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098