Is there a way to send an autoresponder only to a Segment of a list?

I've got two lists right now and would like make them one to avoid duplication:

1. People subscribed to our web app  -they get an autoresponder about our web app ("tips, etc."_
2. People subscribed to our newsletter

I'd like to combine them them into one List and have a Segment for the Subscribers, who get an autoresponder.

Is that possible?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 2 years ago

HI there MrAnalogy, as you likely saw in our other thread, autoresponders based on segments isn't possible as yet, I'm sorry to say. It's certainly something we think about regularly, so we'll be sure to let you know if it's something we add to our service.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
srlomme srlomme, 2 years ago

Two thumbs up for this!!!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 2 years ago

Just to follow up, one of our engineers just pointed out that you can send autoresponders based on date, so in this instance, you could give the subscribers you wish to send an autoresponder a custom field with date value - then have the autoresponder fire based on that. Does that help in this situation?

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
MrAnalogy, 2 years ago

Yes, that might work.
We basically have a Newsletter but also a WebApp.
So, could I maybe have a custom field such as:

And then have an autoresponder set to fire several emails (Follwup1 Follupw2, etc.) all based on that Date?
So Followup1   = Date + 7 days
Followup2=Date +14 days, etc.

Would that work?

SoerenS SoerenS, 2 years ago

A workaround is described in this ol' thread, maybe it can inspire you in some way:

Online Marketing Manager @
joneshxf, 2 years ago

thank you!

Stephen, 2 years ago

Just updating this thread to let you know that autoresponders to segments is now live!

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback, and we'd love to hear how the new feature works for you! :)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free