Exporting an old campaign

This is a question I've had to ask in the past to other CM users, as I seem to have a total blind spot for it:

Where can I export an old campaign's content (not a template, the whole newsletter HTML + images)? to reuse and create a new campaign from?

I know it's there somewhere, but it's been eluding me today!

JD JD, 3 years ago

Hello and a great question! You might be looking for the Edit and Resend feature, which allows you to take an old/past campaign and move a direct copy back to the drafts area. You can use that as a base to recreate a new campaign. Or, if you want to use the HTML and images on your desktop to create a new campaign. You can find that past campaign in the Reports page, click on the "View" link to preview what the campaign looked like > use the web version link > then use your browser ( right-click "save as" ) to save a complete version of the HTML and images on your desktop. I hope that has helped!

JD
Campaign Monitor Support
thatcanadiangirl, 3 years ago

Thanks JD :)

I eventually dug out Diana's old answer from last year, which goes a little further:
Go to Edit and resend past campaign > update (on campaign snapshot) > edit my html - This then provides the source HTML I needed

This is what I needed (and got, and our newsletter happily went out yesterday afternoon)

EvelynShapiro, 2 years ago

Thank you! I found this today and it's saving me a LOT of time being able to pull up my November issue and rework it for December.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098