Android 4.4 Native Email

Hi all,

Is anyone having problems with media queries after updating to Kit Kat? display:block doesn't seem to be working anymore?

I've tested multiple emails and different ways and display:block !important; just doesn't want to work anymore..

If anyone has any tips on sorting this out, it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I searched for an answer and someone tweeted at litmus saying they've been experiencing problems with Samsung phones and the Moto Droid phone on 4.4. I'll also add that I'm testing on a Nexus 4 with 4.4 and display:block isn't working, but it works on a Nexus 4 with 4.3

zerocents zerocents, 3 years ago

Do other display values work? (ie. inline-block)

Michael Muscat
ChronixPsyc, 2 years ago

I've tried inline-block and that doesn't seem to be working also. The only one that actually seems to be working is display:none.

I really need this to work as I need them to drop underneath each other. The work around for this I've found is to create 2 tables and align them left and right, they go underneath each other when the emails are opened on mobile devices

EDIT:

The tables floating left and right have issues in Outlook Desktop client. If the floats are close, the right hand side table will appear underneath the left table

gilly259, 2 years ago

I have also noticed this but haven't found a fix yet. There doesn't seem to be any commotion out there about it. Litmus said they'd look into it as well, but I haven't heard back.

tedgoas tedgoas, 2 years ago

I'm also having issues on Nexus 4 with 4.4 (whereas it worked on 4.3) and haven't found anyone else talking about it.

Aside from the floating technique, I don't suppose anyone has found a fix for this yet?

-Ted
@tedgoas
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 2 years ago

Hi ted, we've had a few customers pipe up about these issues, particularly in regards to the email client on Samsung phones. So far, we haven't been able to find a solution, but we'll continue to keep our ear to the ground.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
leinverheij, 2 years ago

I'm seeing the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy with Android 4.4. (the mail works fine on 4.3 and lower).

Any news on a fix?

vahnhiun, 2 years ago

I got this issue here with the first test email I received on LG Nexus 5 is being responsive, however 2nd test and so on are not responsive at all. Same email template is being used.

Is this happening to everyone with Android 4.4 native email?

Thanks

djwhisky, 2 years ago

Got same issue here on a Nexus 5. Anyone come up with a solution yet?
James

ingvilla, 2 years ago

Same problem here, too. Tested using Samsung galaxy S3, LG Optimus G as well as an Atrix 2 all with 4.4 Kitkat. Seems there is a problem with the new Kitkat version.

Sumit Ingle
Developer at Ingvilla

lifwanian, 2 years ago

Anyone have any luck with this?

Lin3s, 1 year ago

I think this is the solution for android 4.4 to put a multi-column layout using tables instead of td with a trick, because the versions of outlook rendered badly nested tables.

<table width="600"  border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td align="left" style="vertical-align:top">
<!-- Table 1. -->
<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="300" class="full">
    <tr>
        <td>Content 1</td>
    </tr>
</table>

<!-- Trick for Outlook versions -->
<!--[if (gte mso 9)|(IE)]></td><td><![endif]-->

<!-- Table 2. -->
<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="300" class="full">
    <tr>
        <td>Content 2</td>
    </tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

I hope you serve. if not so, tell me thanks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098