Bullet proof buttons - amending font size

Loving the bullet proof buttons but for some reason there's no option to amend the font size.
I've therefore edited the code to increase the font size to 18px.

Have tested so far in Outlook 2010, Outlook.com, Gmail and iPhone and it seems fine, however I am concerned that by editing the code I may have broken something!  Is there a risk of this, or is it ok to amend the font size?  See below.

<div><!--[if mso]>
  <v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" href="URL REMOVED" style="height:50px;v-text-anchor:middle;width:320px;" arcsize="36%" stroke="f" fillcolor="#8c1511">
    <w:anchorlock/>
    <center>
  <![endif]-->
      <a href="URL REMOVED"
style="background-color:#8c1511;border-radius:18px;color:#ffffff;display:inline-block;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:18px;font-weight:bold;line-height:50px;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;width:320px;-webkit-text-size-adjust:none;">BUY YOUR &pound;39 MEAL FOR TWO!</a>
      <!--[if mso]>
    </center>
  </v:roundrect>
<![endif]--></div>
davidaf davidaf, 2 years ago

Hello! I had a chat with @stigm, the creator of the bulletproof button, and he says he left out font adjustments mostly to keep the generator simple. However, there really aren't any issues with adjusting the font size and your code looks fine. From our tests, you can run into problems if the font size  gets close to the line height, but if you run into that we have some tweaks we can give you to help fix it. If you aren't running into issues with your specific code you should be fine. :)

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
expertiseontap.co.uk expertiseontap.co.uk, 2 years ago

Wow thanks for the quick reply Davida (and Stig)!  That's good to know. Will keep an eye on font size and line height.

Julian Wellings | Expertise on Tap 
Email Marketing | Video Marketing | Cheltenham UK
Follow me on Twitter

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098