Social sharing links on VML shapes

Hello folks

So we've been gazing in wonderment at the new Campaign Monitor newsletter - some very cool stuff! One thing I'm baffled by is how to apply the social sharing links to a VML shape. This needs to be an href attribute, so the usual <fblike> or <tweet> tags aren't going to work...

If anyone would be so kind as to shed a little light, I'd be very grateful :)

Thanks

Nick

Carissa Carissa, 2 years ago

Hey Nick,

You can use our plain text social sharing tags within the VML code  (see the 'Plain Text' buttons on that page). Here's an example:

<v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" href="[tweet]" ....

Hopefully that's just what you needed!

Carissa
Campaign Monitor
Bonpantalon Bonpantalon, 2 years ago

Hey Carissa

Aha! Clever... that's exactly what I needed, thank you very much :)

Carissa Carissa, 2 years ago

Hey Nick,

I wanted to let you know that I've just learned from Stig, our Master of VML, that the [fblike] plain text template tag won't work there, I'm afraid. So sorry for steering you wrong!

The [tweet] and [forward] tags will work just fine in the VML, but it's that Facebook one which will not work. We're looking for a fix, but until then you'll need to add a direct link to your Facebook page, unfortunately. It's also worth noting that we aren't able to track clicks of these buttons within the Outlooks ( see this mentioned in the blog ).

Carissa
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098