Solution for daily market commentary email

I need help coming up with a solution to a complex scenario for a client who sends a daily market commentary email. At present it's being sent using a proprietary system but I'd very much like to move that to Campaign Monitor.

Here's a link to the most recent commentary email as a sample. Quick overview of the current workflow: The client composes each email in Excel, including both the commentary text and the market price updates (scroll down a bit to the "market snapshot" section). That Excel file is then uploaded to a proprietary system which extracts the text and price data and re-inserts everything into an HTML template, ready for email distribution.

We'll be using a new responsive email template and of course the commentary text section is no problem, but I can't wrap my head around how to set up and populate that market snapshot section in Campaign Monitor. The client, who can follow instructions but is not overly technically competent, needs to be able to update those figures before sending each day's email.

Is there a way to upload an Excel file or otherwise import rows/columns of data into a predefined table in the email? (I don't think there is, but want to make sure I'm not overlooking an obvious simple solution.)

Could RSS be a solution here? The client site is built on a content manager with (currently unused) RSS feed capabilities, so if I set up a template to have the client create each new email instance there and establish an RSS feed, could CM grab it each evening and distribute via email?

There are other concerns as well, such as archiving the commentaries (see here), but if I can't get the basic template and workflow worked out those are moot points. I'm really curious about RSS since that would appear to take care of the archive question at the same time. It would also allow folks to subscribe to the commentaries apart from email, which is fine.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

JD JD, 2 years ago

Thanks for posting! There are quite a few questions involved here and since your scenario is more unique, it may be better to email our support team directly so we might detail some elements that may or may not work for you. Thanks!

Campaign Monitor Support
collinh, 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, JD. Support email sent.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free