Can't send test campaign

I am not receiving my test campaigns. Also, when previewing the HTML version of my campaign, the images are not loading properly. Safari's activity window shows that the images are timing out coming from the cmail1.com domain.

nathans, 9 years ago

I've been having the same problem for the last few hours.

artofmission, 9 years ago

It's 6am in Sydney. Maybe they're not aware of the problem yet.

stallprophet, 9 years ago

Also having issue.  Delivery of campaigns seems to be successful, just not the preview emails.  I tried numerous addresses and waited an hour to see if lag time was a factor.  To no avail. 

Sending good vibes for positive solutions.

artofmission, 9 years ago

Hey, stallprophet - you said sending campaigns is successful... are the embedded links in your email working? (E.g. when clicking a link in your email, does it go to cmail1.com and then forward to the URL?) If that's the case, then I feel better about scheduling a campaign.

Thanks...

johnnycache, 9 years ago

Same problem here. Oh lord, why now?!

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Hi guys, we're working on this issue with our support and test forms now and hope to have it fixed real soon. I'll post an update here the moment that happens. Apologies for the bad timing.

dditges, 9 years ago

Same problem with Preview emails here. We also sent out a campaign and it appears that things aren't working correctly. The report will say that all the emails were delivered, but we've found that some people haven't received our email yet. I hope the rest go out!

Not Good!

Ben Ben, 9 years ago

OK, this problem has now been resolved.

We're still looking into exactly what caused this problem, but it appears it has something to do with some modifications that have been made in the 24 hours in preparation for our maintenance on Sunday.

We're working the data center team to make sure everything goes smoothly during this process, and we're not sure if this problem was triggered by a change they made to the configuration.

dditges - you shouldn't have any problems with actual campaigns. This only affected the web servers which handle the sending of the previews - actual campaigns have dedicated servers that were all running smoothly. If your still have specific questions on your campaign please send an email to support so we can take a closer look at this for you.

Once again, we're very sorry for this inconvenience.

morley, 9 years ago

Some preview emails did not reach their targets today. In kind of a wierd way.

* Some email addresses on a domain will receive the test, and some won't.
* An email address can receive a test email for one campaign and not receive one for another.
* This has so far affected emails on two domains. I'm testing out a third domain this second.

Anyone else have this problem?

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Hey morley, that certainly seems odd and I can confirm we're not hearing this from any other customers. If the issues continue, fire an email to support and we'll look at your content in more detail to try and get to the bottom of it for you.

morley, 9 years ago

Dave -

Looks like it's "stopped." The problem was very weird -- two emails wouldn't work if we directly sent a test message to them, but if we added them to a Google Apps mailing list and sent the test to the mailing list email, it *would* work.

Since I eventually got the emails, I think things're all right, but thanks for following up!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098