Bulletproof Buttons in Editable Templates

I’m using the bulletproof button technique in a new design and it works beautifully across platforms and devices. My problem is I can’t figure out a way to allow our client to edit the text and the link of the button using the template editor. I added a <singleline> element around the main button but this will only work for non-Outlook clients.

I know I could drop the code inside of a multiline tag but that would be too confusing for a non-designer/coder to understand.

Any thought on how to get around this?

<div class="btn">
<!--[if mso]>
<v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" href="#" arcsize="10%" stroke="f" fill="t" style="height:30px;v-text-anchor:middle;width:145px;" >

<v:fill type="tile" src="" color="#1a232b" />
<v:shadow on="t" color="#11161a" offset="0,2px"/>
<center style="color:#ffffff;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;" >READ MORE</center>

<![endif]--><![if !mso]><singleline label="Button Text"><a href="#">READ MORE</a></singleline><![endif]>

<div class="btn-bottom">&nbsp;</div>
Stig Stig, 2 years ago

Hey mforce,

Unfortunately there isn't really a client friendly way to include bulletproof buttons in templates at this stage. Using <singleline> for this won't work properly in our editor, so wrapping it all in a <multiline> tag and giving your client careful instructions is your best bet, sorry.

I've added your vote for better button support in the editor though :)

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
ox4dboy, 2 years ago

+1 for an editable button option in the Campaign Monitor editor!!

At the moment, a <multiline> elements with a good Screenflow tutorial is my best plan… although I did make other "Bulletproof" buttons using different code that did work a bit better in the editor. Had the same support and fallbacks.

Web/App & Experience designer by degree, former PMO, logo designer & founder of @WePiphanyBooks. Designing solutions that save time, feel good & make money.
npittet, 2 years ago

+1 for me too!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free