Bulletproof Buttons in Editable Templates

I’m using the bulletproof button technique in a new design and it works beautifully across platforms and devices. My problem is I can’t figure out a way to allow our client to edit the text and the link of the button using the template editor. I added a <singleline> element around the main button but this will only work for non-Outlook clients.

I know I could drop the code inside of a multiline tag but that would be too confusing for a non-designer/coder to understand.

Any thought on how to get around this?

<div class="btn">
<!--[if mso]>
<v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" href="#" arcsize="10%" stroke="f" fill="t" style="height:30px;v-text-anchor:middle;width:145px;" >

<v:fill type="tile" src="" color="#1a232b" />
<v:shadow on="t" color="#11161a" offset="0,2px"/>
<w:anchorlock/>
<center style="color:#ffffff;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;" >READ MORE</center>
</v:roundrect>

<![endif]--><![if !mso]><singleline label="Button Text"><a href="#">READ MORE</a></singleline><![endif]>

<div class="btn-bottom">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Stig Stig, 3 years ago

Hey mforce,

Unfortunately there isn't really a client friendly way to include bulletproof buttons in templates at this stage. Using <singleline> for this won't work properly in our editor, so wrapping it all in a <multiline> tag and giving your client careful instructions is your best bet, sorry.

I've added your vote for better button support in the editor though :)

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
ox4dboy, 3 years ago

+1 for an editable button option in the Campaign Monitor editor!!

At the moment, a <multiline> elements with a good Screenflow tutorial is my best plan… although I did make other "Bulletproof" buttons using different code that did work a bit better in the editor. Had the same support and fallbacks.

I create user experiences that save time, feel good & make money. Agile UX & Web/App Designer, Logo Designer, Speaker & Marketer.
npittet, 2 years ago

+1 for me too!

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098