Whoops! That image didn't upload correctly. Please try again.

Hi there,

I cant upload any images in the edit-content-mode.

I've tried using an other browser, an other computer, other images... But the system still sais: :"Whoops! That image didn't upload correctly. Please try again."

What can i do to fix this?

Greg Strutton Greg Strutton, 2 years ago

Hey frankbuynsters, sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Do you have any anti-virus or firewall's set up at all? They could be interfering with the upload maybe?

Feel free to get in touch with support for more help: https://help.campaignmonitor.com/contact

frankbuynsters, 2 years ago
Greg Strutton :

Hey frankbuynsters, sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. Do you have any anti-virus or firewall's set up at all? They could be interfering with the upload maybe?

Feel free to get in touch with support for more help: https://help.campaignmonitor.com/contact

I don't know, if so, what can we do about it? Do we have to add a trusted domain to the anti-virus or firewall? What trusted domain do we have to add?

Thanks for your help!

frankbuynsters, 2 years ago

We've just tried to add the images on another laptop. Same internet connection. Here the adding does work. What can be the answer here?

Thanks!

transformer, 2 years ago

Hey, I have a client reporting the same issue. She works at a school and I suspect (although I have no evidence) it is some kooky firewall/security setup.

I did find I was able to upload images on her computer (Win8) by using IE and toggling Compatibility Mode on. It might not be an entirely consistent workaround, but give it a try and see if it works for you.

transformer, 2 years ago

Update

I just visited my client onsite this morning to look into their trouble uploading images to the content editor. It's pretty consistent for them; I tried on two machines (both Win8 on same LAN) in IE10 (+desktop), Chrome 33, Firefox.

FYI - using compatibility mode no longer works as a work-around.

What appears to happen is:
1. Click to upload image
2. Local file system dialogue is launched
3. Select image (I've tried small, large, jpg, JPG, png, gif)
4. Upload
5. Progress bar grows to about 4/5 and the image appears in the layout preview momentarily but then it disappears, upload aborts and the "Whoops" error message appears.

I spotted a couple of errors in the Chrome's console which I have no idea if they contribute to this or not, but here's a screenshot in case it helps:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/rool8SH2jyxVQDeXPwtInoguIG_JXOGjFK61i8JZyD0CT4rJbn3dry-c-59MbzvWIYdliQDiXpE

I tried on a remote VM on Win8 in IE10 (uploading an image from the remote local hard drive) and uploading worked fine.

The IT guy at the school (where my client works) assures me they can upload images to their website through a web-based CMS without issue so he doesn't think it's a firewall issue. He says they use a static IP, for what it's worth.

I have to agree – the fact that it appears to upload and I can see the image appear in the content preview suggests that the data transfer is happening and it's more likely to be something to do with saving the image to file (permissions?) or after the upload function e.g. in changing the UI to enter alt text. I can't think what makes this bug apparent in this particular scenario though.

Other staff in their office say they've noticed "quirky" behaviour in previously stable operations, e.g. managing listings in Event Finder (online event directory), since fairly major IT infrastructure changes over last 6 months, but this is pretty anecdotal and inconsistent.

I've recommended they try using a notebook/laptop (Win8 + IE10/Chrome) first in the office, then at home to try another network/ISP.

I'm at a total loss and have no answers. I'm having to input their images for them once a month. I'm most puzzled that this doesn't seem to be affecting more people?!

@frankbuynsters – Any progress in your situation? Do you notice any similarities/patters between my case and yours?

Campaign Monitor team – Any ideas?

terryt terryt, 2 years ago

One thing worth trying is checking your proxy (if relevant) to see if the following HTTP headers are allowed through:

Content-Type: X-Fileupload
X-Filename: <file name>
X-Width: <width>
X-AcceptRetina: <true|false>
X-Requested-With: XMLHttpRequest

Having these HTTP headers blocked can prevent Campaign Monitor from processing the image. Please let me know if you find out this is not the case!

Terry Tice
Campaign Monitor
transformer, 2 years ago

Thanks to Terry for persevering with me to find the solution. Adding an exception to my client's firewall for these HTTP headers did the trick for us!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098