Autoresponders Per the Segment vs List as a Whole?

We are a sales personality type training company. We have a combination of 24 different combinations.

What I'm trying to figure out is if there is a way to assign an autoresponder per the segment of my list vs the list as a whole.

Can you have multiple autoresponders per list, but have them only trigger for a particular segment OR would it be better to treat each segment as it's own list and then assign one autoresponder to that list.

So if I have 24 combinations of a personality type then I create 24 lists per the combination type and then assign an autoresponder per that list VS. creating one list with a field to segment on and create 24 autoresponders for that one list and assign an autoresponder to a segment rather than the list as a whole.

JD JD, 2 years ago

Hi there! Autoresponders are only available upon a per list basis, I'm afraid. You can have as many as you like per list, but assigning autoresponders to segments of the list is not something that is available at this time. I can see how that would work greatly in your case, so I've added a vote on your behalf to our feature request list.

The solution to have 24 lists and an autoresponder for each would definitely work! You'll then need to have 24 sign-up forms to use the on sign-up autoresponder if you'd like to send the autoresponders after someone fills out a form. Otherwise, if you're importing recipients manually, you'll want to use the date-based autoresponder. I hope that helps and thanks for your question!

JD
Campaign Monitor Support
tonybianco, 2 years ago

That's what I thinking I would need to do. Glad my idea made it to your suggested feature list :)

Do we need to create a form or could we have our programmer subscribe people to the list and kick off the autoresponder via API?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098