Paragrah tag being added causes layout issue

Hi all,

I have been seeing an issue in our footer content with the unsubscribe link that I am only recently noticing. I have a sentence and then an unsubscribe link like this:

If you no longer wish to receive our emails, please <unsubscribe>unsubscribe.</unsubscribe>

I would like the unsubscribe link to follow right after the sentence and this works fine if there are no <p> tags in the sentence (which I don't have in the template) but the Campaign Monitor editor automatically adds <p> tags to the sentence so the unsubscribe link gets wrapped to the next line. The only way to fix this is to go into the html and remove the <p> tags which is fine for me but I don't want our clients to have to do this.

Is there any way to fix this so the tags don't get added or not have the unsubscribe link wrap to the next line?

I also have the paragraph reset styles in the header.

p {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

Carissa Carissa, 2 years ago

Hey Chris,

There are definitely times when the <p> tags which we add to text in <multiline> sections aren't helpful, so I've added your vote to the others who had have the same request. We'll let you know if a future release doesn't include them.

If I might, I'd like to suggest placing your "If you no longer wish to receive our emails, please" text within <singleline> tags if your layout allows for it, simply because we don't add the <p> tags around text in <singleline> areas. For short bits of text like that, it could be the best option for your clients.

Too, if you'd like, we'd be happy to give more specific advice on how to keep from having that paragraph spacing if you wouldn't mind contacting support with details on the account and the template.

Thanks, Chris!

Campaign Monitor
Mindsplit, 2 years ago

Hi Carissa,

Thanks for the tips. I think we had the <singleline> tags in there previously but clients liked being able to stylize this content a bit more so we switched to <multiline> tags.

I will follow up by contacting your other teams and see if they have any other suggestions.

Also, did your editor always add those paragraph tags or was this just a recent edition? I don't remember having this issue in the past...or maybe I'm just crazy.....

Thanks again!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free