CRM Integration

Hi

I look after a database of club members which is constantly changing.  Every month I have new members joining and old members leaving, which is administered through CRM software at my club. 

My CRM software does not integrate with Campaign Monitor, but it can export to Excel.  Is there any way to manage my Campaign Monitor list without having to manually add and remove every new and old member?

Rob

davidaf davidaf, 2 years ago

Hey Rob,

If you have development abilities on board, you may check out our API and create your own integration. See the docs here.

If that's not possible, can you let me know about the excel spreadsheet you are able to generate from your CRM?

Does it include the "old members leaving" data? Does it include all the active members only? Or only new members? Depending on what you can include in the spreadsheet, you can likely use it to create custom fields and segments to  create a segment  of only active members and to help remove old members if you like (by exporting a segment of inactive members and importing them straight into your suppression list).

It would be a bit of manual work, but it's likely that with the excel spreadsheet you could create a simple process for managing your subscribers in our system! We'd be happy to help if you get in touch with us at support with more details of the data you are able to export from your CRM. :)

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
Rob55, 2 years ago
davidaf :

Hey Rob,

If you have development abilities on board, you may check out our API and create your own integration. See the docs here.

If that's not possible, can you let me know about the excel spreadsheet you are able to generate from your CRM?

Does it include the "old members leaving" data? Does it include all the active members only? Or only new members? Depending on what you can include in the spreadsheet, you can likely use it to create custom fields and segments to  create a segment  of only active members and to help remove old members if you like (by exporting a segment of inactive members and importing them straight into your suppression list).

It would be a bit of manual work, but it's likely that with the excel spreadsheet you could create a simple process for managing your subscribers in our system! We'd be happy to help if you get in touch with us at support with more details of the data you are able to export from your CRM. :)

Hi Davidaf

I don't have developer abilities I'm afraid.

The Excel export I get is purely current members, I am happy to run it off once a week as it only takes a few seconds.  I had never heard of segments before but hopefully they could work for us.

Can you provide me with some advice on how this might work?

Rob

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098