$wrap = new CS_REST_General($auth);

$result = $wrap->get_clients();
var_dump($result->response);

However, the response I get is;

array(
   'Code' => 50,
   'Message' => 'Must supply a valid HTTP Basic Authorization header',
)

I have also tried using the supplied example for adding subscribers, with the same result.

How do I set the Basic Auth header? Given the docs say that Basic Auth simply requires the API key as the username and a blank password, I assumed the library would handle that if I just give it an API key, as the samples do.

Phil Phil, 2 years ago

Hi, i answered this over on Github, but for completion i'll paste my response here too:

You need to ensure that in this line you correctly replace 'your API key' with the actual ApiKey from your account:

$auth = array('api_key' => 'your API key');

If you have, and it's still not working, it's likely that instead of the ApiKey you're using a ListID or ClientID. The ApiKey is obtained by clicking on the "Account Settings" link when you're logged into your account.

If you're still having troubles you'll need to log a support request so we can look at your individual case.

phillichfielddc, 2 years ago

Thanks!

Yep, it's definitely the account key from Account Settings (top bar) > Show API key.

I'll open a support request as you suggest.

Cheers

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098