Link in singleline is not editable

Hi there, i'm trying to figure out an issue regarding the editable link.

I have the following code:

<td align="left" valign="middle" height="41" style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;color:#ffffff;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;">
<a href="#" target="_blank" style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;color:#ffffff;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;text-decoration:none;display:block;"><singleline label="Link Hauptangebot">Zum Angebot</singleline>
 </a>
</td>

But the Link is not editable in the Backend. This is my second Template i have made, on the first one it works perfectly:

<td bgcolor="#ffffff" style="padding: 20px 10px 0px 3px;">
<a href="#" style="background-color:#ed1b24; border-radius:0px; color:#ffffff; display:inline-block;font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-size:13px; text-transform: uppercase;line-height:38px;text-align:center;text-decoration:none; padding:0 35px 0 35px; -webkit-text-size-adjust:none;" class="button">
<singleline label="URL Artikel">Weiterlesen</singleline>
 </a>
</td>

(The class="button" is just using for media queries (max-width: 480px))

Can you help me?

Tnx
Sabrina

paulw paulw, 2 years ago

Hey Sabrina, this is a great question!

It's really easy to setup editable links with the <singleline> tag, you don't need to include the full <a href> tag in your template for that to work. The first thing to do is to include your <singleline> tag and add a <p> or <span> tag, so that you can apply a class:

<p class="button"><singleline label="URL Artikel">Weiterlesen</singleline></p>

You can then add the CSS that your want to apply if this becomes a link in the CSS in the <head> of your code. In this case:

<style type="text/css">
    .button a { ... Your CSS here ...}
</style>

This way when your client make this text a link when editing their campaign, the CSS will be applied correctly.

Hope that could work for you! If you do run into trouble, feel free to get in touch and we can help further.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098