Using Canvas

I saw the video re: using Canvas but when I'm logged in and select a template (Depot) I don't see and of the selectors for customizing that are in the video.  I just have a Header tab and Social and Sharing tab in the left col area.

Is there some other way of getting the other edit options to display?

ChrisB ChrisB, 2 years ago

Hi there! The video is actually showing how to add content to a template for a campaign rather than showing the customization options for a template itself. Under the Templates tab, each Canvas option only show the few options available.

Head over to your Create & Send tab to see everything included in the video!

torweb, 2 years ago

Ahh....makes sense.  Thank you.

torweb, 2 years ago

Is it still possible to edit css elements (color, font colors...nothing that would break the template)?

robotspares, 2 years ago

Can I just ask the same thing?
I've just used canvas, but know the client is going to ask me to change the colour of some headlines, how can I make the same kind of changes I used to be able to make with template builder?
I'd also love to change the background colour of one of the elements.
Can I export the template, make the changes and re-import it?

Thanks

agent314 agent314, 2 years ago

@robotspares has a great question and mine as well. That was the first thing I noticed. No HTML source. Interesting that nobody has answered this. It's a huge problem, but I think this is deliberate because of something they don't want to talk about. I love CM and have been here 8 years!!! But this kind of sucks, guys. What's the story?  ~Jeff

PS: Just want to add that there are many things about Canvas that I like, but not having even basic customization looks like we were in a hurry to get this to market.

Jeffrey D Brown

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098