Some images not displaying in recurring RSS

We have a weekly recurring RSS mailout that is pulling information from a SharePoint RSS feed.
When previewing or testing the campaign, the images that go through the "feedimageproxy" appear broken and ones that do not, appear just fine.

Not sure how CM determines which images go through which route.

Is it that have they been used in other campaigns previously or included directly within a template at some point?

Any help appreciated.  Many Thanks

JD JD, 2 years ago

Hi Julian!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with an RSS campaign - that does sound strange! We weren't able to find your account, so would you mind emailing us some details here ? We'll take a look and help you get that going. Thanks!

Campaign Monitor Support
JulianSelf, 2 years ago

Further to my post, we sent out the RSS campaign this morning and the images were just fine - so it looks as though it is just a preview / test email issue.

JulianSelf, 2 years ago

Working with Paul is Support we have established that the root cause of the some of the images not being displayed properly in preview / test email is related to the image src url.

Bottom line is that CM encodes this url so it should not be previously encoded.

In my specific example, our RSS encodes the URL so a space had been changed to %20, so when CM then encodes it again that gets changed to %2520 and then doesn't show properly.

As I can't change the RSS feed I am using, I am having to ensure any image filenames that I use in articles that go into the RSS feed are changed by encoding.

Arsae, 2 years ago

New Science of Forex Trading
New Science Of Forex Trading has never been released anywhere before. This is a system developed by 3 time world trading champion Toshko Raychev. It consists of a physical product that is delivered to your clients door, that includes a detailed 120 page trading manual, cheat sheets and 6 DVD’s, an online members only area with weekly webinars and daily updates.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free