Mobile Image Replacement and Templates

This, I believe, is a far cry for a feature, but I at least wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone had a solution to this problem of mine.

It being, that I've enjoyed the using the templating system of CM for some time now, but the more that I optimize for mobile, the less I see myself being able to use templates, and having to move to straight HTML.

I'm referencing this section of the guide. It makes sense to swap out the image with a different image that is better for mobile. Specifically, I like to take the text out of the image and put it as actual text in the body of the email as text in an image that is resized is hard to read.

So to make things simple, I use one image for desktop and another image for mobile (that doesn't have text). Getting this to work is not a problem, but I'd have to change out the image in the CSS. And as far as I know, this cannot be done in a template.

I miss the convenience of the template, I'd like to see if there are any solutions out there that I haven't considered. Thanks!

oliverweinstock, 9 months ago

I'm also interested in this topic: "old" template editor and mobile images. How to handle?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free