More robust personalization for Subject header in Canvas?

I'm finding that [firstname,fallback=customer] rarely works well for subject line compositions in practice:

— "Hi [firstname,fallback=], we have recommendations for you"
— "Latest offers for you, [firstname,fallback=]"
etc.

If the fallback is blank (probably better to avoid using the generic "customer"), you can see that the punctuation becomes problematic.

Could Canvas start supporting if/then logic in the subject line? Or create a simpler mechanism to allow us to tweak what precede directly before and/or after it? May simply providing two fields – a personalized subject line and a fallback subject line – for us to fill in.

I've struggled with it for some time, and it just occurred to me that I could log it as an issue. It would make our subject lines less awkward/limited in terms of expression.

jayc jayc, 2 years ago

Hi uaextension, I'd like to add my +1 to your request. It's something I have wanted in the past, and I stopped experimenting with personalised subject lines when I hit this hurdle.

It has been requested before, too...

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098