Leap Day Autoresponder Logic?

I have a number of autoresponders set to go out 30 days and 7 days before an anniversary date (stored in a custom field). I was wondering: what happens when that anniversary date is 2/29/YYYY? Will the date calculations simply not happen in a non-leap year, and the autoresponders will not be triggered? Or is there some logic on the back end that compensates for this?

Just trying to figure out if I should store these dates as 2/28 for an anniversary-based autoresponder to work. Thanks.

Ken Ken, 1 year ago

Hi,

You should be able to store your dates as 2/29 still, and our logic will still work. I just tested it, and if the date stored is '2016-02-29 15:10', then the autoresponder will be triggered '2016-02-22 15:10' and '2016-01-30 15:10' for the 7 days and 30 days before autoresponder, respectively.

I hope that answers your question! Feel free to get back to us if you have any other problems or questions.

http://www.campaignmonitor.com
activator, 1 year ago

Thanks Ken! I'm more wondering what happens in a non-leap year. Let's say I have 2/29/1980 stored in a custom date field, and I have an anniversary autoresponder set to go out 30 days before that. (Basically, I'm sending my subscribers a gift on their birthdays.)

So in 2015 -- a non-leap year in which 2/29 will not occur -- what will happen on 1/30? Will the autoresponder fire? Or will it not be triggered because the date upon which it's calculated will not exist?

(Super edge casey stuff here but I do have 50+ subscribers who claim to have leap birthdays...)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098