Sending emails on behalf of customer.

I am a newbie but I've been using CM for a few months now and it's all been trouble free (or so I thought).

I have been sending emails out on behalf of a customer. I added the Domain Key and the Sender ID tag to their domain and have been merrily sending emails out for them.

I received an email from them saying that they have even been having trouble sending and receiving ordinary, non-campaign monitor emails from that domain address! One of their clients has even sent them the results of a quarantine from an email sent to them earlier this week and it clearly shows the "v=spf1 mx ~all" tag.

How can setting up the Domain Keys and Sender ID tags on a customers domain cause a problem like this?????

Is there a Sender ID tag that i can use to make my own IP a valid 'send from' address on behalf of my customer?

Hope this makes some sense to you????

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Adding domainkeys and SPF records should not impact on the sending of normal emails at all - if your client is having a problem it is most likely caused by some other issue (difficult to know what that would be from the outside).

From our authentication FAQ
What if I set up DomainKeys in my DNS but my everyday mail server doesn't support it. Will this impact my day-to-day email?
"This won't be a problem. We format your DomainKey record to indicate that not all email sent using that domain will be signed, so any unsigned email you send will not be penalized. This means you'll get improved deliverability for Campaign Monitor campaigns, but won't negatively impact your regular email."

Of course, it's always a good idea to sign all your outgoing email, so make sure you encourage your mail administrator to support DomainKeys."

Your client would be best off speaking to their IT team or email provider to track down the actual issue they are experiencing.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free