How to specify a default color for (template) generated links?

What is the best way to choose a default color for a link that is generated by my custom template?

I've done this code:

<singleline label='PhotoCaption' style="Color:#9c0202;">Click the image above to view the full video interview</singleline>

When the user goes to edit the single line of text, in the CM editor - you can "Make text a link" but it makes it the default blue color.  How do I style it to another color?  I'd like to do it automatically with an inline style, but I don't even see how to change the color in the editor.

Thanks.

davidaf davidaf, 2 years ago

Hey Mike,

Thanks for posting in the forums! :) You'll want to add the styles in header and let the system bring them inline on your links, that would really be the best way to do it.

Additionally, the <singleline> tag won't support the style tag, but you can always wrap code around the tag like so:

<span style="color:#9c0202;"><singleline label='PhotoCaption'>Click the image to view the full video interview</singleline></span>

However, that won't address the color once it's turned into a link - with that you'll need a style defined in the header for links:

a {color:#9c0202;}

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
mikemdg, 2 years ago

Thanks David.
I had actually wrapped <span> tags around the content to give it a default or "suggested" look for whoever is filling it out.

I thought about using css in the header, but wasn't sure it would take, since it's not inline.  But I see your point... when it runs the template through the Campaign Monitor system I guess it would populate the inline styles! Makes sense.

I'll give that a try, thanks for your help!

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098