Importing my email addresses from Apple's Address Book

I export my address book as a card no problem. However when I import into campaign monitor, any email addresses that was named with the field other than "home" do not get imported.

And I have many emails that are  in each card with the field name "work" or "other"

How do I get around this problem?

Have not been able to find relevant help documentation...

Mercer, 1 year ago

Hey Gregory!

I actually just responded to your email, but thought I should respond here as well just in case. :] This is a great question! Apple Contacts/Address Book doesn't appear to export directly as a CSV which might be what is causing the trouble. There was a similar question about groups brought up here: Would you mind providing us with just a bit more information about how you are exporting this?

GregoryBee, 1 year ago

Hi Mercer,
First I want to say that I am VERY impressed at how quickly CM 's  support team contacted me and kept a conversation alive until issue was resolved. I have rarely seen this level of attention with online web services, so thanks!

With your help I resolved my export / import issues with Apple's Address Book by purchasing a third party app ($5) from the Apple App store called "Export Address Book"

It allowed me to create a CSV file and then I was able to import my contacts into CM smoothly and with the control options of delegating fields.

Thanks Again!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free