Can't share preview anymore - requires login

Since the last 'automation' update, I cannot share a draft campaign anymore, since it requires login suddenly.   I share my draft campaigns with viewers who do not have access to Campaign Monitor.

I used to be able to share the url I got by visiting CAMPAIGNS > RECENT DRAFTS > Campaign Draft Title > Content (View a preview).   Currently that url redirect to a login page.

Is this intended or a bug?

Another thing that always bothered me regarding this preview link, was the length of the link, which can break when forwarding it by email.  How about providing a short link in the future, which can easily be shared?

ericam ericam, 1 year ago

Hey, Peter!

Erica here, from the support team. Thanks for getting in touch! :)

You're correct that this has changed slightly, not intentionally, but because 'reports' are now under 'campaigns' the file path in that URL has changed slightly and now requires login.

The URL used to look like this:

And now it looks like this:

Fortunately, you can remove that campaigns/ bit from the URL and it will work and not require login.

Still, I've added a vote on your behalf to a request for us to look at the reasons for this change and see if we can't reverse it.

Have a good one, Peter!

// Erica M | CM Support

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free