Facebook Share Button

Is it possible to add a Facebook 'Share' button to a campaign. I know it's possible to add a Like button, but I would like a button that allows a user to share the web version of my campaign on their Facebook timeline. Thanks.

paulw paulw, 1 year ago

Hey there!

Thanks for posting in the forums :) I'm afraid there isn't a built in way to add a share button to an email at the moment. I have added a vote for you, for this to be updated, if we can go ahead with that, we'll be able to let you know!

There is a workaround that could help out, Facebook provide a URL, which you can use in your email to display the Facebook Sharing screen in a browser, here is that link:

http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=*THE URL YOU WANT TO SHARE*

You can enter any URL you want and that can be shared by the user. If you want to share the web version of the email and you are coding the template yourself, you can set that up like this:

Hope that could work for you! Thanks again :)

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
PeterWagner, 1 year ago

In my testing, that workaround seems to have a serious drawback: it allows any other reader -- or web crawler -- to hit the unsubscribe button and take the original sharer off the list. Allowing our most dedicated subscribers, the ones who share the newsletter, to drop off the list like that seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Is there another solution, perhaps to link to the archived version of the newsletter where the unsubscribe link is disabled?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free