Exclude lists/segments and view draft recipients

I have been using the API to create a number of campaigns and would like to include recipients from one segment while also excluding recipients from another segment. This is possible using the website but I can't find a way of specifying excludes using the API.

I would also like to be able to see a list of recipients for a draft email so I can check that they will be sent to the correct people.

Is this possible using the API?

paulw paulw, 1 year ago

Hey there! Thanks for posting in the forums!

At the moment, I'm afraid there isn't a way to exclude a segment using the API. This is something we want to update, and I have added a vote for you for that to be setup. If we're able to go ahead with that, we'll be able to let you know.

Right now, the best way to get this working, would be to update the rules of your segment to exclude the subscribers in the other segment you were working with. Hopefully that can work for you and sorry again for the limitation here.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free