Enlist app won't open

We are having problems with the Enlist app on iPads. When trying to open it, the app closes immediately and brings you back to the desktop screen.

I've tried various fixes: http://ipadinsight.com/ipad-tips-tricks/quick-fixes-for-when-an-ipad-app-wont-open/

Nothing seems to work. Even after removing the app from my ipad and downloading it again, it does this. I've set up the fields and design, and when reopening it, the app closes unexpectedly.

I've never had this with any other app. Anybody else know what is going on or have a fix?

Thanks.

Mercer, 1 year ago

Hey there Nadia,

That's a great question—I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Would you mind me asking which version of the iPad that you are using and which operating system is installed? It looks like you have already tried the usual fixes that we would recommend for an issue like this (restarting, reinstalling, closing out other apps to try to ensure memory availability), so I'd love to try to get a bit more information about what might be happening. We do not have any other reports of this happening, so I think that it may be localized with your iPad, but I'd be happy to try to help with just a bit more information.

Thanks!

caton, 1 year ago

We were experiencing the same problem that Nadia describes, using Enlist 1.5 on iOS 8.3 — after initially configuring our form and exiting the app, Enlist would subsequently crash on every launch. It was unusable.

In our case, it seems Enlist was having a problem with a null value for the Join our list text field. We had deleted that messaging from our form, leaving nothing behind. Populating the field with a single space was all that was needed to overcome this bug; Enlist now behaves as expected across relaunches and restarts.

(Edit: it'll die if given a null value for the second, smaller text field as well)

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098