A couple of template design questions

I'm using one of the gallery templates in Canvas. Is there a way to:

1. Add a photo inside a text box (not above it) and then wrap the text around it?
2. It is driving me crazy that when I select the two column layout, I can't add another text box or image if one of the columns is shorter than the other.

Maybe I just don't know the trick to resizing the text blocks?

Thanks.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 1 year ago

Hi Micq, thank you so much for writing in and sorry for the troubles you've been having here. In regards to the techniques you mention:

> 1. Add a photo inside a text box (not above it) and then wrap the text around it?

At present, this isn't possible, sorry. Your best bet is a 2-column layout... However, it seems a bit cheeky to mention it, considering your next question!

> 2. It is driving me crazy that when I select the two column layout, I can't add another text box or image if one of the columns is shorter than the other.

Oh, to clarify, is this when say, one column is hidden from view when the other forces you to scroll down? We'd love to get more details, if you could kindly contact us. That said, have you tried adding spacers to adjust the column widths, if even temporarily?

Thanks, Micq - I appreciate your help!

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
blad, 1 year ago

Micq, I found the only way to really get control of things like image sizing etc. in templates was to send out a test email using the campaign manager, then reformat it into CM template language (ie. using <singleline> etc. tags), and then re-import as a new template. You lose some functionality (eg. logo resizing), but get fine-grained control over everything again.
It's a somewhat tedious and difficult process, not to mention time-consuming so is not something to be approached lightly, or if your HTML/CSS skills aren't much.

See How to make a template editable for more info if you're interested.

Justin

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098