Am I able to send an email to an email address with HTML via API?

Is there a feature in the campaign monitor API where I can send an email to a specific email address with custom HTML?

html = '<body><p>blah</p></body>'
cm.send('', html)

I know this might be more a feature on something like elastic mail, but I would like to be able to send email via the CM API and use the built-in CM analytics to track the open rates of specific emails etc.

I would need to be able to specify the blob of HTML as I need to generate the HTML on the fly using some logic in our system.

If this is not a feature that CM offers I'd likely just use Elastic mail for it, as they provide you SMTP servers to use and you can do this as intended.

paulw paulw, 1 year ago

Hey Neil,

Thanks for posting in the forums! At the moment, we don't have any functions in the API that will do exactly what you need here, I'm really sorry about that!

We are working hard on some options that will work really well for customers wanting to send one-off transactional emails like this. I've gone ahead and added your vote to our feature wish list. Once we're ready to release those updates, we'll be able to let you know :)

Thanks again!

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to announce that Campaign Monitor has launched a transactional email service, so you can now take control of one-off, system-generated emails, use our email builder and view reports, all within your existing Campaign Monitor account.

If you are on one of our monthly plans, the fantastic news is that transactional emails come bundled in - so you can start sending, without spending an extra cent.

To start learning how you can use transactional and get inspiration for your own triggered email messaging, check out our new guide and our new API docs on transactional email. Thank you so much for all your feedback and support!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free