Lotus Notes 8.5 CSS padding and font support

Hi. I'm having problems with rendering in one particular desktop app – Lotus Notes 8.5. All other tests are good. (Guess which app the client uses!)

According to 'The Ultimate Guide to CSS', Lotus Notes 8.5 supports CSS 'padding' and 'font-family', however all padding and font styling that I have applied to <td>s has been ignored/stripped. In fact I think it's ignoring all CSS.

Oddly, the test for Lotus Notes 8 was ok. Anybody else get this with Notes 8.5 and have you found a fix?

I can post code and Litmus test results if required.

Thanks!

duncehat duncehat, 2 years ago

Well, I seem to have found a fix, so posting here if it helps anyone else experiencing the same problem.

To stop Lotus Notes 8.5 ignoring your styles, make sure you haven't included '-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;' anywhere, either in the <head>, or inline.

I haven't tested this with other vendor prefixes but it's possible that any of them could cause the same issue, for example the popular '-webkit-text-size-adjust: foo'.

If anyone finds out more, please do add to this post. Thanks!

kairav22, 2 years ago

its been a while hearing someone use lotus. thankfully it are been solved.

Jual beli mobil bekas, mobil murah, audio mobil dan info modifikasi mobil - Raja Mobil.

200,000 companies around the world can't be wrong.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on 
Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that drive real business results.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098