RSS template code showing multiple posts

I'm using the <datarepeater type="rss"> template code to wrap my RSS content in the automated html template. When I send a test email it send with the 4 latest posts in it repeating. I only want it to send 1 post, the latest. How can I do this? I am setting up an automated workflow to send a new daily post every day.

I also published a post at 7am, but when I send a test email the same day at 11am it won't pull in the newest post even though it shows up in my feed url (view source). Why is it now pulling in the latest post on the test? And this test still shows the 4 newest posts not counting today's.

Also, images are not working. I looked through the troubleshooting here and installed the WP RSS Images plugin and it's still not working.

cAPS lOCK, 1 year ago

So I tested it at 11pm tonight and the images now work. But it's still showing the last 4 posts repeating down the email.

balthazar balthazar, 1 year ago

Hello cAPS lOCK! Sorry for the confusion here! The previews you send will always show the last 4 posts as they are intended to show what the content would look like, but aren't intended to show what would actually be sent on that day. Let us know if you have any more questions!

cAPS lOCK, 1 year ago
balthazar :

Hello cAPS lOCK! Sorry for the confusion here! The previews you send will always show the last 4 posts as they are intended to show what the content would look like, but aren't intended to show what would actually be sent on that day. Let us know if you have any more questions!

So if I start this automation up to send daily then it will send only the latest single post?

GreatQuestion, 1 month ago
cAPS lOCK :

So if I start this automation up to send daily then it will send only the latest single post?

Great question. Is there any information on how automation tracks "new" items in a feed?

Nm, found what I needed here:

No, we work out how many items to send based on the send frequency you select. For example, if you choose to send weekly, the initial send will only include content published in the last seven days. If you're sending daily, we'll only include content published in the last 24 hours.

https://help.campaignmonitor.com/topic.aspx?t=212

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098