Gmail app increases small font size and breaks layout

I'm working on a template that has some very small text in it (9px - 13px).
For some reason it shows the bigger fonts (13px and up) correctly, but the smaller fonts are increased and break the layout.

I've used wrapper tables with min-width and max-width so the desktop version is showing just fine.

<td class="font8" align="right" valign="top" style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#00a1de; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:8px;"><a href="#" style="font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:9px; color:#00a1de; text-decoration:none;">Return fares, including taxes</a></td>

I've even added the font-size and font-family to both the td and the link, but it's not working.

As comparison. The strike through small price is 13px. The big orange one 56px. The from text should be 9px but shows bigger. The price behind the from is 20px.

leinverheij, 1 year ago

Oh, the problem only seems to exist in the Gmail app on Android 4.2.
All works fine on Android 4.3 oddly enough.

kairav22, 1 year ago

maybe this problem are from Gmail it self.

Jual beli mobil bekas, mobil murah, audio mobil dan info modifikasi mobil - Raja Mobil.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free