Font Size issues in Android 5 (lollipopo) in Bult-in client

Hi.I had a functional email html template working in several email clients.
As for Android 4 Kit Kat everything worked as expected in de BUILT IN email client.

PROBLEM: after updating to Android 5 Lollipop (in my Galaxy S4) the built-in email client is NOT respecting Font Sizes defined within TD cells and Media Queries behave strangely. Fonts are resized bigger breaking the layout:

<table style="some styles">
            <tr>
            <td width="19" height="19" align="center" valign="middle" 
            style="font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;color:#3f4b57;font-family:'Courier New', Courier, monospace;text-align:center;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:12px;">some text
            </td>
            </tr>
</table>

Fonts are displayed bigger than 12px, no matter if size is set in the TD. I've realized that fonts can be adjusted in the setting menu of the email client (font size display: tiny, very small, small, normal). Therefore this setting controls the size of font, not our style in TD (how it should be).

Anybody knows why is happening this and how to resolve it?
Thank you.

kairav22, 1 year ago

looks like it because the Material Design of Android Lollipop. still don't know how to handle it.

Jual beli mobil bekas, mobil murah, audio mobil dan info modifikasi mobil - Raja Mobil.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098