Yahoo! Mail fonts

I've seen several other posts with similar issues, but no clear resolution.  I've tried every suggestion I could find and nothing seems to work.

I'm designing an email signature to use in our office.  We have Exchange Server 2010 and using Outlook 2010/2013.

No matter what I try, I cannot get Yahoo! Mail to recognize the font I define.  To troubleshoot, I put together a simple HTML signature that tries several different methods of defining the font, but when sent to my Yahoo! test account ALL fonts appear as the same sans-serif font.  I think this issue is limited to the Yahoo! Mail web interface, since the same email, when viewed on my phone, looks as intended.

Here's my HTML.  I am passable with HTML (barely so with CSS), but I don't think that's the problem. 

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<style type="text/css">
.Serifs {
               font-family: Times, Constantia, Georgia, serif;
.NoSerifs {
               font-family: Gotham, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

<p style="font-family: Times, Constantia, Georgia, serif">TEST INLINE CSS SERIF</p>
<p style="font-family: Gotham, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">TEST INLINE CSS SANS-SERIF</p>
<p class="Serifs">TEST STYLE SECTION SERIF</p>
<p><span class="Serifs">TEST SPAN + STYLE SECTION SERIF</span></p>
<p><span class="NoSerifs">TEST SPAN + STYLE SECTION SANS-SERIF</span></p>
<p><font face="Times, Constantia, Georgia, serif">TEST OLD FONT TAG SERIF</font></p>
<p><font face="Gotham, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">TEST OLD FONT TAG SANS-SERIF</font></p>

aditya31, 1 year ago

maybe you should use a generic font, instead other font.

jackwillson1, 1 year ago

you should definitely use generic font, this will solve your problem

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free