New EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

Hi,
I thought I'd post this here as it's an excellent post that is relevant to all of us in the EU:

Marketing implications of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

http://www.smartinsights.com/marketplace-analysis/digital-marketing-laws/marketing-implications-of-the-eu-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/

This part in particular jumped out at me. While i'm not a legal eagle, I kind of read it to believe that if there were a breach CM side (and I have every faith in their security so i'm sure this is ever so unlikely).. it sounds like they need to make a commitment to us of letting us know about a breach? I'm not sure however... if someone could clue me in on here that would be good :)

"For example, all contact renewals and new contacts that entail personal data transfer or processing will need to have a clause in them that effectively says that once the new EU Regulation is passed, the third party has to supply to you within a set time frame its plans to become compliant with the GDPR.

Furthermore, you might need to re-negotiate the third party contract based upon those plans, due to cost and liability issues.
For example, we know there’ll be a statutory requirement to declare a data breach within a very short time frame, so the third party will need a formal process to tell you that they believe there’s a breach and this is what you have to report."

keenan36, 1 year ago

This only applies in Europe, right?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098