Templates - one for the wish list: Image and text in same element

What would be really useful in the Campaign Monitor templates is an element which enables you to have text on the left and an image on the right - say 3/4 and 1/4 ratio.

In the example below my only option was to place the small portrait image below the text, which doesn't flow well and leaves a lot of white space.

If this exists already and I've missed it please say!  If not, is it feasible to add such functionality some time soon?

(Aside from this, loving the CM templates).

breetelg breetelg, 1 year ago

Hi there! Thanks for writing about this, and I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying the templates! This is a great feature request which I've added your vote to. I can definitely see how the 3/4 and 1/4 ratio might be useful. We'll be sure to let you know if that's something we can add in the future, thought it's not on our immediate roadmap. Many of our templates do provide the option to use a two column layout - perhaps you might give that a try? Please don't hesitate to contact support@campaignmonitor.com if you need any help with that.

@ Campaign Monitor Thanks for your help just now on Twitter.  Yes I am using email builder.

I'm aware of the 2 column layout but TBH it doesn't look great.  In the grab below

1. In the first example the text does not wrap under the image (obviously) so you're left with a large space under the image.

2. In the second example I've done the body text as a new layout underneath but obviously it leaves a massive gap.

I guess a compromise would be the first example, because the image placement it looks better than the layout in my OP.

However a key issue is
(a) the large gaps between each layout (I want it just to look like a single line break between articles) and
(b) the fact that the 2 column layout is wider than single column - if you look at the margins for "TENNIS" header and "Thanks for reading" text these are narrower than double column layout.

Sorry, not a rant - just trying to suss out if I'm doing something wrong, or my expectations are too high :-). Appreciate the layout designer cannot satisfy all needs.

Julian Wellings | Expertise on Tap 
Email Marketing | Video Marketing | Cheltenham UK
Follow me on Twitter

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free